A label is used to create an identity of the brand. It is one of the many ways to give your brand a name and make its presence felt in the market. It is basically a miniature representation of the company. So, if you’re planning to open a company of your own never compromise with the label. That’s the only thing by which your company will be known to all. All the big and small enterprises have individual labels that help them to survive in the competitive corporate world. It is generally attached to a piece of garment or any other product. And sometimes, it’s also inscribed on metals and furniture. It is essential for you to know all the basic details of a printed label. Keep reading below:
What does a label consist of?
Labels consist of all the valuable information and these are as follows:
- Name of the brand
- Tagline of the brand
- Name of the product
- Size of the product in case of clothes
- Date of manufacturing and Date of expiry in case of edible products
- Batch number and ID of the product
- Address of the manufacturing place
- Instructions to clean the product
- Barcodes and many more…
What is a label made of?
A label is made of clothes, a variety of papers, leathers and so on. It is generally manufactured together on a sheet or separately depending on the requirement of the customer. A label must be made up of high-quality material so that it can withstand rough handling. Some companies vouch for a shiny label which is made of satin and in some cases, it is made of foil to give a shiny factor to the label. An engraved label is preferred by most of the companies for its everlasting durability. Label manufacturing companies are adapting to the eco-friendly way of producing labels and supplying to the customers.
How is a label attached?
A printed label for clothing is simple as it’s attached to the piece of garment with a stitch. But the custom printed label is attached to different products in different ways. Read below:
- A label is attached with an adhesive and it’s pasted on the product.
- Sometimes a label looks creased that happens when the label is attached first and then it is heated or processed further.
- Sometimes a mini plate is manufactured as a label that is attached to the industrial equipment.
- For products like mattresses, pillows, clothes and industrial sacks, a label is sewn to these products.
- There’s another type of way to fix a label that is by Pressure Sensitive Adhesive (PSA) which is simply added by putting a little pressure without applying heat.
Custom printed label is available in wide variety and is fixed in different ways on the basis of the requirement of the product and service. So, know about all the varieties and possibilities and zero down on one accordingly. Ultimately, you’ll choose what suits you. So, choose wisely that will bring good business to your company.